Location: San Antonio, TX
Post Date: 09/23/2016
Position is responsible for repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer’s specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments as needed. Must have own hand tools. This position requires continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals. The position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work.
• Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment
• Repair all production equipment as needed
• Perform breakdown analysis
• Perform general housekeeping
• Upgrade production lines with new equipment/technology
• Work with outside contractors working on assigned line
• Change line for package changeovers
• Comply with GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES, safety, and audit standards
• Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
• 18 years or older
• Pass the drug test; Pass the background check
• Pass technical assessment; Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and power transmission
• Experience with pneumatics/air compression (e.g., valves, cylinders, etc.).
• Experience with hydraulics/liquid compression (e.g., valves, cylinders, etc.).
• Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
• Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings, etc.).Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/socket size ratios, etc.).
• Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
• Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
• Experience with
SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors, in-coders, etc.).
• Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.)
• Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays, fuses, etc.).
• Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
• Experience with compressors/ammonia systems (e.g., refrigeration systems).
• Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, understanding specs, etc.).
• Experience with GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICES (e.g., procedures, safety, national standards such as lock-out/tag-out).
• Experience with welding (e.g., stainless/mild steel, sanitary welding).
• Experience with packaging/high speed production (e.g., bottling, consumer products, etc.).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job Ref: 5000129269710
Click Here to Apply