Location: Austin, TX
Post Date: 05/16/2017
VIP Staffing is seeking a 2nd and 3rd shift Porous Coating Technician – North Austin
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Apply a rough surface finish to medical devices by grit blasting per established procedures and engineering drawing.
• Perform cleaning operations to medical devices by per established procedures.
• Apply the porous coating powder to the medical devices and perform “clean – up” by trimming, scrapping and removing powder from areas that do not require coating. Note – Tasks requires strong hand detail work with the use of hand tools as well as a strong attention to detail.
• Visually inspect product for obvious defects and conformity to engineering drawing and visual standards detailed in Material Specifications (MS) and Inspection Procedures (IP).
• Inspect product per work order instructions, established procedures, and engineering drawing using a comparator, calipers, and other basic measuring tools.
• Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to disposition non – conforming product and enter Non – Conforming Material Reports (NCMR) when they arise.
• Maintain Porous Coating equipment (i.e. ultrasonic cleaner, grit blast cabinets).
• Perform housekeeping duties as required to maintain area clean. Duties include (by example and not exclusion) mopping/sweeping floors, wiping work surfaces, and trash disposal.
• Accurately complete Device History Record and associated paperwork.
• Review department checklist to ensure product may be released from the department to go to the next manufacturing department.
• Maintain and update production and material control systems (ERP) as needed to ensure proper job and material tracking is maintained.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Porous Coating Lead or Manufacturing Supervisor.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
•Design – Demonstrates strong attention to detail and good hand dexterity.
•Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
•Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
•Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification.
•Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
•Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
•Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment – free environment.
•Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
•Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
•Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
•Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
•Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
•Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Click Here to Apply