Location: DUNCANVILLE, TX
Post Date: 04/20/2017
Tends machine that performs one or more packaging functions such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Fill bags or totes to proper weight according to plant and outside agency specifications.
· Ensure that the bags are properly sealed so that no powder is leaking out of seal.
· Stack finished product on pallets in a neat and orderly manner to facilitate good handling of the pallets in transport.
· Properly label product according to instructions including product code, lot number and any special markings.
· Sample product for lab and customer and inspect powder samples for any specks and foreign matter to ensure high quality of product and prevent contamination following Standard Operating Procedures.
· Maintain proper documentation of product packaged as well as rework and scrap produced to ensure accuracy of records. This includes records for metal detector checks, weight checks, equipment and utensil checks.
· Inspect equipment to ensure it is in top working order, reporting any problems to the maintenance department.
· Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and HACCP Programs for safety of self and others as well as overall compliance.
· Practice good housekeeping.
· Staging ingredients, cleaning your area and assisting fellow employees in cleaning or setting up other areas and other duties, jobs and functions as assigned or required.
· Clean and sanitize packaging equipment and work area to eliminate contamination sources.
· Conduct proficient CIP and COP processes to ensure cleanliness of equipment.
· Monitor program for packaging robot for each product.
· Performs general maintenance skills with basic hand tools as needed.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
– Must be able to lift up to 60lbs
Work Experience Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Click Here to Apply