Location: Fort Worth, TX 76110
Post Date: 04/22/2020
Welding Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift
The Welding Supervisor will be responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following but other duties may be assigned.
• Supervises personnel to include performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
• Coordinates work assignments with production control personnel and project managers to ensure that products are completed in a quality controlled timely fashion; schedules and organizes workflow and shop priorities.
• Coordinates with various Company departments regarding work and estimates job orders, transfer of materials between departments, and transfer of finished goods.
• Maintains various communication forms for information regarding product and material information, travelers, work orders, estimates and material identification and locations; prepares monthly reports, as well as ad hoc reports requested by departments.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety, quality, and environmental practices.
• Ensures adherence to established Company and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards.
• Supervision includes assignment to tasks, assuring completion of tasks within deadlines, resolving conflicts, applying needed disciplinary action with designated management representative and reassigning employees across projects.
• Lean manufacturing practices
• Promote and support continuous improvement. Maintain a working awareness of facilities management and technology trends and opportunities that would support a competitive status at facility.
• Controls and minimize labor expenses.
• Assures employees accomplish work in accordance with proper practices and within specifications.
• Communicates changes in practices or policies; demonstrates and models behavior supportive of the direction the company is headed.
• Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
• Timely incident investigations and correction of root causes.
• Participation / attendance at safety meetings and training
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
– High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
– Commensurate work experience that is deemed appropriate and acceptable by the hiring manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
– Ability to read and write Bi-Lingual Spanish.
– Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
– Ability to plan, organize and coordinate the operations of a manufacturing/fabrication shop.
– Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
– Employee development and performance management skills.
– Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
– Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
– Skill in the use of computer spreadsheet and database software.
– Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
– Knowledge and/or training in 5S and lean manufacturing.
– Supervision in a shop setting preferred, be a personable individual with innovative problem solving skills and a proven track record with appropriate practical process experience.
– Minimum of 10 years of welding with 5 years of a Supervisor Role in FCAW process.-? Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of skilled workers to meet aggressive production goals.
– Ability to read blue prints and weld symbols
– Knowledge of D1.1 code and standards.
– CWI Accreditation is a plus.
– Experience and the ability to apply continuous improvement philosophies and techniques preferred.
– Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
– Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
– Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation and stewardship processes.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check.
• Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license is a requirement for this job.
Must speak and write Spanish /English
PAY/Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 yearly plus 5% bonus structure quarterly