Location: Fort Worth, TX 76107
Post Date: 04/29/2020
QC Inspector AWS Certified Weld Inspector
Performs product inspection to verify compliance with customer specifications, welding codes and material specifications. Initiates, documents and monitors non-conformance reports to ensure products satisfy customers’ expectations. Maintains complete and accurate records of inspection activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
1. Monitor all phases of work, from initial receipt of raw materials through shipment of the finished product to the customer.
2. Perform dimensional verification relating to the fit of components and product configuration.
3. Reviews plans, contract documents, and specifications required for fabrication.
4. Reviews shop drawings for potential fabrication and inspection problems.
5. Observe shop assemblies and assure that dimensions are obtained and recorded.
6. Monitor production welding and perform final inspection of weldments for compliance with code and specification requirements.
7. Evaluate the workmanship of individual welders and notify production supervision when additional training is needed.
8. Witness the welding and testing of Procedure and Welder Qualification tests.
9. Initiates non-conformance reports, tags affected material, and monitors progress of repairs.
10. Under the direction of the Director of Quality, has the authority to act independently of manufacturing to ensure the quality policy and procedures are followed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
? High school diploma or GED, or any combination of education and experience.
? Basic math skills
? Ability to communicate verbally, read and write in English
? Certified by the American Welding Society as a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
? Must pass an eye examination, with or without corrective lenses, to prove near vision acuity on Jaeger J2 at 12 in. or greater.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
? Good knowledge of measuring devices and tools and the proper operation.
? Good knowledge of codes and specifications.
? Good knowledge of welding and NDE (non-destructive examination) processes.
? Knowledge of manufacturing processes as applicable to the company’s products.
? Knowledge inspection practices as applicable to the company’s products.
? Knowledge of painting and galvanizing processes and inspection techniques.
? Ability to read and write English, Bi-Lingual in Spanish is a plus.
? Ability to inspect parts and assemblies to determine compliance with production drawings and the Companies standard inspection and quality standards.
? Ability to read, interpret, and communicate to others blueprint (production drawing) requirements.
? Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
? Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
? Ability to follow detailed instructions on the use of appropriate tools and applications techniques.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
? Work involves exposure to elements, such as ambient temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
? Moderate physical activity. Requires physical lifting up to 30 pounds, pushing or pulling of heaver objects.
? Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials
Mon – Fri