Location: Leander, TX 78641
Post Date: 10/07/2019
Manages their individual Supplier assignments to ensure that materials are available for production on time and that other essential materials and services are provided to support the operation of the plant. This position is responsible for these activities from which awareness of the requirement commences to the receipt of the goods in the facility. This position is located on the Leander area for a manufacturing company, and pay is $17.00-$18.00.
• Participates in Safety Program
• Adheres to all quality assurance procedures
• Assist in meeting production requirements
• Works overtime as required (sometimes with minimal/short notice)
• Participates in process improvement activities
• Follows instructions of Team Leader and/or Supervisor
• Any other duties and responsibilities as needed
• Create Purchase Orders to support demand requirements.
• Maintain accurate, updated costing on all stock products
• Create request for quotes and source product, components and raw materials
• Assist in the sourcing, evaluation and selection of new suppliers
• Manage the valuation and disposition of obsolete and excess inventory
• Build/maintain vendor relationships to secure favorable pricing and terms on products • Maintain inventory levels on select product lines
• Calculate inventory needs. Place purchase orders as needed
• Work with quality, sales, accounts payable/receiving departments to resolve material quality issues, receiving discrepancies, and invoicing issues as needed
• Expedite past due and anticipated vendor deliveries to assure an uninterrupted source of supply
• Responsible for ordering and managing stock part inventory levels • Responsible for inventory and cost reduction initiatives
• Contacts vendors regarding open purchase orders, receiving estimated shipping date and/or arrival date, and contacting internal personnel regarding results
• Communicate with Accounting Department on supplier Invoicing errors and correct as required • Weekly updating of Past due / Open Quote Reports
• Manages PO acknowledgement and PO follow up process
• Work Stock Issue reports and communicate issues with applicable parties
• Proactive expediting of future requirements deemed necessary
• Accountability to meet dates for assigned responsibilities
• High School Diploma required; degree preferred
• Prior purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment required
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong Math, statistics and analytical thinking, and reasoning abilities.
• Strong planning, organizing and follow up skills
• Strong sense of urgency with a customer focus.
• Strong multi-tasking ability.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Strong teamwork and communication skills necessary to work effectively with members from multiple teams at all management levels.
• Conflict management skills.
• Accountability and responsibility
• Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Excel.
• Strong working knowledge of warehouse practices including inventory control,receiving, storage, and shipping