Location: HOUSTON, TX 77061
Post Date: 09/23/2019
Our Hobby Airport area client is seeking an experienced CNC Machinist on a temp-to-hire basis
• Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
• Calculate dimensions or tolerances, using instruments such as micrometers or Vernier calipers.
• Remove and replace dull cutting tools. • Operate grinding equipment.
• Work in a team environment in order to improve processes via a High Performance Team / Team Improvement Board.
• Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
• Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
• Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction.
• Stop machines to remove finished work pieces or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences.
High school diploma (or GED) preferred
2-4 Years of related experience.
Ability to navigate computer screens, open, close and save programs.
Pay: $18.50-$22/hr. DOE
For additional information call 281-484-6900