Location: Hurst, TX 76053
Post Date: 10/05/2018
Dallas Area / Fort Worth Branch
Responsibilities of the Machinist
• Support daily manufacturing work schedules, meeting all goals of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
• Maintain a clean work environment including daily cleaning of floors and machinery within the assigned work area.
• Self-sufficient on startup and shutdown equipment procedures including re-starts after minor stoppages.
• Perform operator PM of machinery including required lubrication & maintaining proper oil & coolant levels.
• Demonstrate ability to properly load/unload material & parts in a safe & efficient manner.
• Change cutting tools & performs minor tooling adjustments and program offsets.
• Perform necessary quality checks of parts including the effective use of calipers, micrometers, and functional gauges.
• Recommend measures to improve productivity and quality of products to increase efficiency.
• Perform own setups and runs pre-programmed and established jobs to meet demand.
• Work closely with team leader and team members to achieve necessary work requirements.
Requirements of the Machinist
• High School Diploma Required
• At least 2 years working in a machining environment
• Experience with Mazatrol or similar conversational programming is a big plus. Programming not required but programming knowledge is helpful.
• Must exhibit proficiency in basic shop skills including 5S & safety, reading & utilizing manufacturing documents, basic part print understanding, general gauging procedures
• Must pass drug test prior to employment