Location: Cypress, TX 77433
Post Date: 08/27/2019
CNC VTM Job Summary: Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies
• Set up and operate Mills and Grinders to perform complex jobs with minimal supervision ensuring parts conform to specifications and requirements. Make modifications or adjustments as necessary.
• Read and understand standard and geometric tolerances on blue prints and work instructions/operations sheets for specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions on holding devices, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts, and cutting tools.
• Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gages, height gages and dial calipers.
• Ensure use of proper fixtures and tools; maintain adequate inventory levels of material to meet production goals. Requisition materials and tooling as required.
• Monitor and inspect work in progress to ensure acceptable operational standards are maintained and that product meets all specifications and requirements.
• Detect faulty operations and materials and report these and other problems to immediate supervisor. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations.
• In addition to manual lathe/VTM duties, cross training will be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
• Provide training to others as required.
Click Here to Apply