Location: San Antonio, TX 78205
Post Date: 12/07/2020
This is a job for someone who gets deals done. The Corporate Development Associate shapes the future of and our product lines. There is an ocean of software companies out there and you have the strategic vision, tenacity, and creativity to identify and engage the right ones for us. You will review hundreds of businesses, analyze their key components, and build relationships with business leaders and key players in software M&A.
You are proactive, confident, and competitive– equally as comfortable having in-depth discussion with a CEOs as you are thinking critically about business operations. We are challenging the conventional software acquisition model and not every company fits. Your job is to buy the companies that do.
– engage with software business owners and intermediaries through multiple channels
– research and identify exciting acquisition targets
– update and maintain software company database
– collaborate with the Corporate Development Team to value opportunities, structure deals, and prepare investment memos for management
– analyze market verticals and product categories to assess investment thesis fit
– ad hoc projects and opportunities you identify. We are big on making lots of small bets. Build a compelling thesis and we’ll give you the resources to run with the ideaDesired Skills:
– 1-3 years in a similar job function
– Customer selling skills & business acumen (experience communicating w/ C-level executives is a plus)
– Comfort dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances
– Experience/familiarity with finance and accounting concepts, particularly as they relate to company valuation is strongly preferred, but not a requirement
– Experience with CRM/pipeline management
World-class benefits package (including Healthcare, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, and 401k)
Paid time off
We are a permanent home for unique software products. We don’t buy to sell. Though we acquire companies, we are first and foremost a software operating company with unique business lines. We are extremely culture-focused, collaborative, and operationally intensive. We care about serving customers really well and growing the businesses sustainably and profitably long term. In many ways we get the best of two worlds– we have the energy, velocity, and growth of a startup, but the operational stability and business intelligence of a seasoned corporation.
Our approach ensures great outcomes for founders, employees, customers, and San Antonio.
We currently operate four business lines, with three more on the way this year.
Click Here to Apply