Location: Cypress, TX
Post Date: 02/21/2018
CYPRESS-AREA CLIENT LOOKING FOR CNC HORIZONTAL LATHE MACHINIST
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
• Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
• Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
• Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
• Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; trimming heads.
• Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Proven experience as CNC operator
• Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
• Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
• Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
• A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
• Good communication abilities
• High school diploma or equivalent; certificate or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
• Successfully completed apprenticeship is required
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
TEMP TO HIRE POSITION
DAY SHIFT – MONDAY – FRIDAY 6:30 am – 2:30 PM
PAY RATE IS $16.00 – $23.00 AN HOUR DOE
MUST HAVE MINIMUM 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH FANUC CONTROLS AND WRITING SIMPLE PROGRAMS
Click Here to Apply