Location: San Antonio, TX 78212
Post Date: 02/14/2021
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing personal computer systems, hardware, software, and computer peripherals. May assist customers via remote access, phone, or in person.
· Provides technical support for Information Services customers employing a number of technical troubleshooting skills.
· Installs, configures, and troubleshoots personal computer hardware components including motherboards, disk drives, RAM expansion cards, and microprocessors.
· Coordinates with help desk staff in support of the end user hardware and software issues.
· Creates, updates, and installs hard drive images on personal computers and Laptops in order to meet user’s needs.
· Installs and configures software components including operating systems and client applications.
· Configures and troubleshoots network interface devices ensuring proper network connectivity.
· Installs, configures, and maintains standalone and networked printers.
· Coordinates with network staff in maintenance and installation of network cabling infrastructure.
· Coordinates with systems administrators to resolve software and security rights issues.
· Documents, maintains, tags, inventories, upgrades, or replaces hardware and software systems.
· Performs other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Two years’ experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PC/Workstations and peripherals in a network environment.
· Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License as consistent with SAWS Driving Policy.
· Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician or A+ certification.
· Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
· Four years’ experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting PC/Workstations and peripherals in a network environment.
· Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accredited institution