Location: San Antonio, TX 782173115
Post Date: 07/08/2022
Director of Support Services
Responsible for maximizing up time of customer site equipment at minimal cost, and increasing customer satisfaction by leading IT support functions and corresponding teams for equipment health management, preventive maintenance, remote resolution of equipment issues, technical and field service.
• Lead a set of technical service teams for remote and onsite equipment maintenance and issue resolution. Team members will be local, remote and offshore
• Own equipment uptime and maintenance cost metrics and execute the roadmap for improving these metrics by implementing process and staffing improvements
• Consistently meet issue resolution and customer communication SLAs through process and people management, and create strategies for improving SLA targets
• Hire, train, motivate, retain and maximize productivity of technical support and field service personnel
• Mentor and coach direct reports (technical support agents, field service technicians, supervisors and managers)
• Drive continuous improvement of equipment and service quality by partnering with Engineering, Customer Success and other teams
• Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
• Communication – Ability to communicate effectively with others, particularly in meetings and through email.
• Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Self Confidence – The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
• Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Coaching and Development – Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
• Data Driven – ability to interpret business objectives and observed operational metrics, and be able to establish strategies and tactics for bridging gaps between them. Ability to track effectiveness of strategies and tactics towards meeting business objectives by data analysis
Education: Technical education in relevant areas (networking, video equipment, data security). Direct experience may be substituted for education.
– at least 3 years leading IT support teams
– provisioning/configuring Linux environments, particularly virtual machines such as VMWare
– Linux system administration (Ubuntu preferred but not mandatory)
– TCP/IP network configuration, security provisioning with firewalls and partitions, network analysis, router configurations
– VPN and other internet connectivity provisioning and administration
– Experience provisioning network attached storage devices and video cameras a plus
Computer Skills: Ability to use productivity software such as spreadsheets, editors and presentation tools required
Knowledge of Zendesk or other ticketing platforms a plus