Location: San Antonio, TX 78249
Post Date: 03/17/2023
Our client is looking for an Engineering Project Manager with eight (8) or more years of automotive industry experience, with time spent working in one or more engineering discipline. (Mechanical, Electrical, Software or Application Engineering)
Key Job Elements
- Lead new product and current product variants through the development (phase/gate) process.
- Ensure project deliverables are completed per process and adequately documented.
- Prepare project plans to include a detailed schedule and development cost estimates.
- Obtain buy-in and approval of development plans from cross-functional and multi-disciplinary project team.
- Present the schedule, costs, and deliverables to executive leadership.
- Lead cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team to execute project plans.
- Hold team accountable and drive projects to meet the agreed upon targets (release date, product cost, development cost).
- Adjust and re-plan as necessary to achieve targets.
- Use effective interdepartmental communication and communication to executive staff through meetings, emails, face to face dialogue, and presentations.
- Use effective and direct communication methods with project team members and their managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Skilled in developing project timing plans using Microsoft Project or similar software.
- Understanding of automotive design and validation process and able to estimate timelines based on that knowledge.
- Ability to work with cross functional team and influence others that are not direct reports to complete tasks.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of fuel system devices
- Capable of reading and interpreting DC electrical system schematics
- Motivated, self-sufficient, technically diverse, and easily adaptable
- Understanding of internal combustion engine operation
Click Here to Apply