Location: San Antonio, TX 78232
Post Date: 08/24/2023
Food Category Manager (Produce) – Full Time, On Site in San Antonio, TX
Summary Description: This position is responsible for sourcing potential suppliers, supplier management and conducting successful price negotiations for food and other related categories. Employs industry standard systems analysis techniques to manage supply chain processes. Stays current on products, pricing and market trends in the restaurant industry as a whole.
• Manages acquisition of material supply, production capacity, logistics, and availability of food products to meet actual demand.
• Negotiates price for assigned food categories and conducts cost analysis to make recommendations through the approved process.
• Responsible for sourcing and analyzing external market reports and understanding commodity trends as well as their impact on product costs.
• Manages and resolves product supply issues within the supply chain. Maintains positive relationships with all suppliers, and distributors.
• Manages Request For Proposals, contract administration, including hard and electronic storage of contracts by department.
• Prepares weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on market conditions for assigned food categories.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of related college education and experience
• 4 years' experience in a purchasing or category management preferably in supply chain for restaurant industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITITLES:
• Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Visio (as applicable)
• Proficiency in JD Edwards (as applicable)
• Strong negotiating, project management and organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate decisions while motivating assigned staff
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Advanced professional or theoretical knowledge and functional concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
• Advanced understanding of departmental structure and policies with a basic understanding of the structure and policies of the organization
• Intermediate understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
• Advanced ability to delegate projects and get work done through others
• Basic understanding of performance review process
• Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, manager and direct reports with ample notice and preparation
WORKING CONDITIONS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
• Expected to work the necessary time to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities
• Must be able to report to work timely and as required by operational/business needs
• Must be able to work a full-time schedule and work outside of normal business hours when necessary
• Must be able to travel occasionally both locally and long distances (including air travel), to worksites, meeting sites, and other locations. Must possess a valid driver's license, submit to releasing a Motor Vehicle Record that adheres to company standards and maintain current automobile liability at minimum levels in their state of residence.
• Must possess a valid driver's license, submit to releasing a Motor Vehicle Record that adheres company standards and maintain current automobile liability at minimum levels in their state of residence
Click Here to Apply