Location: San Antonio, TX 78230
Post Date: 03/17/2023
IT Security Analyst – San Antonio, TX
Information Technology Security Analyst will provide information security support to the Enterprise. The candidate will provide safeguards information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems. The candidate will support the security design and development Infrastructure systems. Maintain close technical involvement with all contributing developmental and customer organizations. The candidate will be responsible for providing technical information in the development of all Information Security documentation, participating in all lifecycle engineering processes, site and system security assessments, Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) and Information Assurance (IA) Validations through delivery of systems
- Protecting system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognizes problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.Monitors security software such as SEIM/logrhythm, Avanan, Tenable, etc.
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits. Upgrading systems by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues
- Collaborate with IT management, the legal department, safety and security, and law enforcement agencies to manage security vulnerabilities.
- Conduct Enterprise-wide data classification assessment and security audits and manage remediation plans
- Create, maintain and update security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
- Ensures authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements.
- Establishes computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities security; recommending improvements.
- Corporate Risk Assessments
- Coordinate response to information security incidents
The following tools and technologies are currently used on the job:
- Logrhythm as our SEIM (security event and incident management) for monitoring and reporting
- FortiEDR for Antivirus and end point protection
- Tenable for monitoring /reporting on server and desktop vulnerabilities
- Avanan for email threat protection
- Idera for Database monitoring
- CyberArk for privileged accounts monitoring
- Knowbe4 for phishing
- Synopsis for dynamic and static code scans
- Intune for posture checking
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5+ years of hands-on experience with managing and updating Information Assurance related Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement and monitor security policy
- Knowledge of security software programs and implementation
- Knowledge of best practices in developing security procedures and infrastructure
- Develop and write information security policies
- Excellent technical knowledge of corporate, networking, firewall, software development lifecycle processes, Windows, Cisco, Patch management, and Telephony standards.
- Comprehensive hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware products and issues as required.
Experience with System Administration, Network Security, Problem Solving, Information Security Policies, Informing Others, Process Improvement, On-Call, Network Troubleshooting, Firewall Administration, Network Protocols, Routers, Hubs, and Switches
Certifications: CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CASP, Security + or similar certifications are desirable.
Click Here to Apply