Location: Spring, TX 77379
Post Date: 08/08/2019
VIP Staffing client located at 45-N at Hwy 99 is looking for a Material Handler with Shipping & Receiving
Pay Rate $15/Hr.
Reports to shipping and receiving supervisor for receiving materials, proper documentation of receipt, stock picking and packaging for shipment. Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant or yard.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Obtain all receiving documents from shipper/supplier (or delivery driver).
2. The material handler is responsible for handling all material.
3. Counts, weighs or measures incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, orders or other records.
4. Examines incoming shipments for damage or shortage and corresponds with shipper to rectify.
5. Completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
6. Mark each piece of raw material. See QSM-09 paragraph 3.1.
7. Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information material.
8. The material handler is responsible for receiving deliveries into the shop.
9. The material handler is responsible for filling orders given to him/her by the shipping and receiving department.
10. Operate material-handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and rolling carts.
11. Knowledge of safe handling procedures is required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Requires lifting of boxes and materials up to 50 pounds, must therefore be physically fit and able to perform physical work.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check.
• MUST be flexible with ALL shifts and overtime if needed.
• Work involves moderate to heavy exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
• Moderate to heavy physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (6) hours per day.
• Work environment involves exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require strict understanding and adherence to safety precautions.