Location: New Braunfels, TX 78130
Post Date: 09/19/2022
We are currently hiring for a media blaster / industrial painter for a manufacturing company in New Braunfels, TX. This position is Monday- Friday 1:00pm-8:30pm. Pay $16-$20 DOE. This position is hiring ASAP! Submit your resume to this posting and call our office at 830-629-2525.
Using blasting equipment, responsibilities include preparing or cleaning a variety of surfaces for the next step in the production or manufacturing process.
1. Review backlog and prioritize daily work schedule to meet customer delivery requirements.
2. Review inventory against anticipated work load to maintain adequate stocking levels. Prepare requisitions for re-stocking and submit to the Manufacturing Manager.
3. Design and implement work methods and procedures to increase productivity and improve service.
4. Perform and document daily operator checkpoints. Submit completed forms to the Manufacturing Manager.
5. Report all equipment and product concerns to the Team Lead and Manufacturing Manager immediately.
6. Maintain up to date and accurate data on the Daily Media Blaster Log. Submit prior month’s log the HSE Manager for retention.
7. Follow all safety rules regarding machine operation.
8. Organize and maintain work area to achieve safe, clean and efficient operations.
9. Must have sufficient visual acuity to operate machines and visually inspect parts produced.
10. Required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; to talk and hear, to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
11. Able to regularly life and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
1. Abrades surfaces of metal or hard-composition objects to remove adhering scale, sand, paint, grease, tar, rust and dirt to impart specified finish, using air powered abrasive blasting equipment.
2. Shovels or pours abrasives, such as sand, grit or shot of specified grade into machine hopper.
3. Applies paper and masking tape to specified areas of object to protect from abrading action.
4. Loads parts into blast area.
5. Turns valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle.
6. Starts equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive-laden compressed air on surface of parts.
7. Manually directs nozzle over surface of parts.
8. Examines finished parts to ensue conformance to specifications.
9. Marks/labels parts and product with correct job numbers, etc.
10. Disassembles blasting equipment and cleans as needed.
11. Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.