Location: Dallas, TX 78232
Post Date: 08/24/2023
MSC Maintenance Technician – Full Time, On site in Dallas, TX
About the job
Summary Description: This position diagnoses service issues, replaces or repairs parts, and makes adjustments to commercial kitchen equipment, HVAC and refrigeration equipment, and building interior and exterior components in assigned Whataburger restaurants. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment to ensure safe, efficient, and reliable equipment operation. Applies judgement, knowledge, and skill when restoring equipment and facilities to proper operation. Ensures timely and accurate completion of work orders. Works with and adapts to new or changing technology to effectively manage work orders. Maintains proper part inventory on company truck to ensure ability to make effective and efficient repairs. Maintains a clean and orderly work area to include company truck cleanliness and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains all restaurant equipment, including heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), cooking and beverage equipment and refrigerators.
- Communicates continuously and effectively with Maintenance Services Company (MSC) and restaurant leadership.
- Installs equipment in accordance with company safety procedures and follows safety protocols. Resolves electrical/mechanical problems; and informs appropriate management of potential inherent dangers with equipment.
- Responsible for restaurant interior and exterior maintenance to include basic carpentry and plumbing repairs and intermediate electrical repairs.
- Performs and documents quality repairs that meet the work order priority and customer Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Keeps management advised on status of repair work, schedule and budget for capital expenditure projects in the assigned zone.
- Partners with the Zone Lead Technician and Zone Regional Facilities Manager to ensure all service work orders are successfully executed.
- Provides support to the operation of restaurants 24/7 and keeps the facilities up to the Facilities Brand Standard.
- Evaluates and outsources work when cost and schedule effective. Reviews and approves work completed by 3rd party vendors. Acts as liaison between vendor and restaurant management.
- Reduces costs associated with equipment repairs by proactively planning and organizing assigned work orders.
- Assists with implementing changes to restaurant procedures and equipment intended to improve productivity, customer service and profitability.
- Complies with all national, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent or equivalent work experience
- Associate’s degree (preferred)
- 1+ years’ field experience in the HVAC and commercial refrigeration (required)
- 1+ years’ work experience in commercial kitchen equipment repair or educational equivalent (required)
- 1+ years’ experience in the trade and carpentry fields (preferred)
- 1+ years’ experience in restaurant industry (preferred)
- 3+years’ experience (required)
- Must be able to communicate well with the general public
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, vendors and co-workers, and to work in a team environment
- Equipped with intermediate fundamentals, knowledge and work experience to execute job duties.
- Must be able to deliver high quality results that are both efficient and effective.
- Strong refrigeration & HVAC knowledge / skills
- Strong commercial kitchen equipment knowledge / skills
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, and intermediate electrical knowledge / skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct difficult and complex service issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with the general public and experience in establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with management, vendors, and co-workers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Intermediate/Advanced professional knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Intermediate/Advanced understanding of departmental structure and policies with an elementary understanding of the cross functional structure and policies of the organization
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification or CFC Certification (required)
- HVAC State Certified License (preferred)
- State-licensed Mechanical Contractor or Journeyman’s license preferred (required in Oklahoma)
- Commercial Food Equipment Service Association (CFESA) Certification (preferred)
Working Conditions/Travel Requirements
- Expected to work the necessary time to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities
- Must be able to report to work timely and as required by operational/business needs
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule and work outside of normal business hours when necessary
- Must be able to travel both locally and long distances (including air travel), to worksites, meeting sites, and other locations
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, submit to releasing a Motor Vehicle Record that adheres to company standards and maintain current automobile liability at minimum levels in their state of residence
- Weekly Pay
- Bonus Program with 150% Upside Potential
- Time Off Benefits, Including Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle (based on position)
- Opportunities for Career Development and Growth
- Healthcare and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Discounted Meals
- Scholarship Program
- Hardship Grant Assistance though family foundation
Click Here to Apply