Location: San Antonio, TX 78232, TX 78232
Post Date: 01/08/2020
MSP Network Engineer Description
We are a growing Managed Services Provider looking for a full-time, highly skilled Network Engineer.
We are expanding our team and looking for a candidate that shows leadership and a strong confidence in their networking knowledge. This is not a contract position; you will be an employee of TopBox Solutions, LLC.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to analyze the technical complexity of client environments and work to gain a deep understanding of how all aspects of the business interrelate. The primary goal of this position will be maintaining client networks, with a secondary responsibility maintaining servers, and other systems. You will be encouraged to challenge yourself technically and expand your knowledge of cutting edge technology as you work with small to large businesses that rely on your experience and expertise. The right individual will possess critical thinking skills and advanced troubleshooting logic. While possessing the skills to work on a team are important, this individual will also need to be able to complete many of their tasks independently as needed.
MSP Network Engineer Responsibilities
• Designing/implementing, and troubleshooting small (5-user) to large (500 user) networks.
• Install and Configure Firewalls (Sonicwall, Meraki, Cisco)
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN, Etc.
• Monitor and maintain network security appliances.
• Understand and implement network traffic analysis, remote access methods and systems, firewall inspection, encryption, authentication and authorization technology.
• Recommend, develop and implement sound IT solutions with comprehensive project plans
• Assist customers in developing long-term IT strategies
• Provide customers with creative ideas to solve their IT issues
• On-premise virtualization including VMWare and Hyper-V
• Cloud virtualization including AWS and Azure
• Strong hands-on/practical experience with Microsoft technologies: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010, Window 7/8, Active Directory
• Meet deadlines and concurrently manage multiple projects
• Conduct business and technical meetings
• Maintain sound business level communications with clients
• Must have your own vehicle, as you will be traveling to and from client sites daily.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 5+ years working experience
• Data/Voice infrastructure experience required
• TCP/IP, UDP, QoS experience required
• Cisco/Meraki experience required
• Complex issue debugging experience required
• Layer 3 network experience required
• Managed Services Provider experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience in the MSP/IT Consulting space a preferred
Click Here to Apply