Location: SCHERTZ, TX 78154
Post Date: 05/17/2022
VIP Staffing is hiring IMMEDIATELY for the following
Fast paced warehouse in Schertz is currently seeking Non-CDL Route Driver
1st Shift/Schedule: Monday – Friday, 4:00am start
Pay Rate: $17.00/hour
Position Summary: Delivery Truck Drivers at RNDC are engaged in all facets of the process. Qualified Drivers will load and deliver product to various establishments on a given route as well as interface with customers and collect non-cash payments. In some cases, the Driver may be required to unload at the destination and store delivered merchandise into customer’s inventory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct pre/post-trip inspection, notating vehicle defects. Abides by the DOT hours of service rules and regulations for their license type.
• Deliver invoiced products by bottle, case, pallet, or hand-stack from the delivery truck and placing said merchandise into customer inventory
• Verify receipt of correct order with the customer by checking product type and size against the provided invoice, and, if necessary, obtain customer signature for goods received.
• Deliver to approximately 19 accounts daily. May deliver up to 30 accounts during times of increased account activity.
• Cover approximately 160 miles daily, miles occasionally increase anywhere from 200 to 300 miles during times of increased account activity or out of town routes.
• Ensure physical security of truck at all times
• The potential for dedicated overnight routes exists.
• Possibility to work with one or more helpers.
• Provide feedback to transportation management in terms of route changes or route concerns.
• May utilize a smartphone for interaction with hours of service (HOS) software and/or driver monitoring programs.
• Requires a valid state driver’s license and previous experience operating a company or commercial vehicle: sprinter van, box truck
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least two (2+) years of delivery experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Regularly lift up-to 50 pounds and occasionally move up to 100 pounds.
• Must be able to obtain valid DOT medical certification card and file appropriately with state Motor Vehicle Department if driving vehicles between 10,000 GVW and 26,000 GVW
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state
Must pass background & drug screening clear
For more information call (210) 892-0564 ask for Bre or Jennifer