Location: DALLAS, TX 75247
Post Date: 06/04/2021
VIP Staffing is seeking a 2nd Shift Press Brake Operator. The Press Brake Operator sets up and operates a brake press to form parts in accordance with blueprint specifications and work instructions. Must be willing to learn how to operate other shop equipment as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions):
Reads and interprets blueprints and work operation sheets to determine appropriate operations to be performed
Sets up brake press in accordance with the print specifications and work instructions
Operates a brake press and runs production in accordance with establish procedures and guidelines.
Uses inspection gauges such as calipers, micrometers, squares, and height gauges to perform quality checks on parts.
Completes production paperwork and makes required entries into company data base.
Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks.
Problem Solving Skills: Press brake operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
Perform and document quality inspections.
Feed and remove material from press brake manually, or with crane or forklift, and actuate machine to bend material.
Direct machine operator/helper III in material handling and routine press brake functions.
Make periodic piece bend inspections and adjust equipment to maintain specified tolerances.
Oil, grease and maintain press brake equipment.
Use forklift equipment
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· 3+ years of experience operating hydraulic press brakes OR completion of applicable metal fabrication program.
· Attention to detail.
· Basic Computer Skills
· Perform intermediate math
· Perform repetitive work including bending, twisting, and lifting.
· Read and interpret part drawings.
· Use basic and precision measuring tools.
· Use hand and power tools.
· Capable of reading and understanding Blue Prints
· Ability to use measuring instruments
· Two-year experience in metal fabrication plant.
· Ability to work as a team player
· Requires moderate to high level of physical activity
· Ability to lift and carry heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to work overtime/weekends as production need
Please send an updated resume to apply. For immediate consideration please call Jenifer or Noe at 469-802-3999.