Location: GRAND PRAIRIE, TX 75050
Post Date: 12/13/2018
SSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Loads furniture and/or other merchandise onto trucks, ensuring that items are arranged according to standard accepted practices and procedures, as to minimize shifting during transport; utilizing protective coverings and restraint devices, as necessary.
• Prepares trailers for loading by inspecting and ensuring that all trailers are clean and free of debris or other materials. Performs custodial functions, as necessary, to ensure cleanliness and safety of warehouse and loading areas. May be required, on occasion, to work at another facility as needed according to workload.
• Must be physically able to operate a variety of equipment including hand trucks, dollies, pallet jacks, hand tools, etc.
• Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Requires ability to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, bending, stooping, crouching, or running on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
• Physical demand requirements are for Heavy Work.
• Unload domestic trailers and import containers following proper established procedures.
• Identify and use specific equipment (racks and pallets) required for each item.
• Verify quantity of each item unloaded and complete paperwork accordingly. Notifies supervisor or crew leader immediately of discrepancies.
• Identify and label any items that need barcodes.
• Performs other related work as required.
• Take tickets to inventory locations, using a tow motor, and pull the inventory from the location placing items on either a rack or a pallet. Must utilize proper stacking procedures when loading multiple items on rack or pallet for same shipping door.
• Scan each item picked and apply proper tag.
• Product is taken via tow motor by order picker to the main staging area until ready to be loaded on the trailer by loader.