Location: San Antonio, TX 78215
Post Date: 10/25/2019
Directly support Program / Project Managers (PM) in progressing development projects through the development pipeline or repatriation programs toward commercial production. Proactively identify potential issues and provide management with periodic updates. Develop and implement creative solutions to technical and organizational problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Report into Technical Services and work with the cross functional team to support Program Managers (PMs) on active projects, which could include drug development or repatriation programs from the awarding of the business through commercial process validation.
• Partner with PM’s in creating the initial scope of work documents to initiate project, which include various types of follow-on protocols.
• Obtain information and coordinate development of Requests for Estimate (RFE’s).
• Communicate and coordinate project information between internal and external team members. Track both technical and business milestones for projects.
• Coordinate and/or lead in project team meetings, teleconferences, and visits. Effectively organize, conduct meetings, and demonstrate facilitation and listening skills.
• Give effective presentations to departmental and interdepartmental groups.
• Create project GANTT charts, meeting agendas, issue meeting minutes, track action items, work with functional subject matter experts (SMEs), archive project documents, and provide ad hoc support to the Project/Program Manager as required. Prepare confidential and non-routine documents.
• Proof work and make changes as necessary. Compose routine correspondence using predetermined formats. Prepare and/or present Power Point slides and graphs from draft. Establish and maintain complex hard copy and electronic filing systems, maintain existing databases and develop routine spreadsheets and reports. Assist with development of new databases as necessary.
• Perform with Program/Project Managers the development, communication and follow up on project related communication such as meeting summaries, action plans, and next steps memos.
• Provide support in completion and tracking of project tasks via iPAMS, MS Project, and / or similar project management tracking systems. Move through completion materials and documents through internal systems.
• Proactively identify potential project issues, escalate potential project delays, and provide management with periodic updates.
• Perform administrative projects, which include gathering information from various sources, working with managers in formatting, and preparing final results.
• Understand and comply with all safety, environmental and quality practices and procedures as outlined in organizational/departmental guidelines and SOPs as well as applicable federal, state and local regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree in Science from a four-year college or university is required. Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Organic Chemistry, or related science field is preferred. Business minor is preferred.
2. Minimum 4 – 6 years of related experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Pharmaceutical, medical device industry experience a plus.
Click Here to Apply