Location: Albuquerque, NM 87108
Post Date: 03/11/2021
Exciting Direct hire opportunity for a motivated Engineer in Training in Albuquerque, NM OR Window Rock, AZ
The EIT I is responsible for planning, designing and directing projects locally and/or remotely on local or team level. The PROJ I position requires the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, design plans and governmental regulations as well as the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. These abilities must also translate into the effective and consistent presentation of information and response to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, regulators and the general public. The PE/EIT position typically has a balanced exposure internally (employees) and externally (clients/regulators), but can be weighted toward field work, office work or management.
• Prepare and monitor budgets for assigned projects; has direct responsibility for the profitability of assigned projects.
Responsible for monitoring and managing work-in-process, accurate and timely client billings, outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on assigned projects.
• Responsible for project and team schedules, and timely completion of assigned projects. o Prepare and monitor forecast of workload for any assigned staff.
• Prepare or direct preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, studies and/or designs for project.
• Develop, analyze and provide peer review on reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests and/or aerial photographs for quality assurance and to plan and/or design projects.
• May use computer assisted engineering, technical and/or design software and equipment to prepare simple to complex engineering, analysis and design documents.
• Supervise and monitor client relationship strategies; is the primary client contact for assigned clients.
• Develop and review pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for assigned projects.
• In coordination with the direct supervisor and possibly TS Director/Manager, develop and provide peer review of contract agreements for assigned projects o Executes agreements with value-limited signatory authority.
• Attend client meetings, day or night; ability to complete overnight travel unassisted, occasionally extending five or more consecutive nights.
• Visit project site(s) to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents as the registered professional of record.
• Under the direction of the direct supervisor and in coordination with the MS Director/Manager, manage specific marketing responsibilities with clients to obtain work for the firm.
• Develop peer-to-peer communication skills locally and intra-office.
• Develop technical skill relevant to area(s) of practice.
• Recognize and operate within limitations while seeking advice as needed.
• Advance awareness of potential liabilities associated with the technical aspects of the area of expertise.
• May be designated as responsible for development and enforcement of onsite health and safety plan administration (relative to SMA employees).
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate engineering or science
F.E. certification required
1 year of Project Management Experience in water resources
Professional/Occupational licensure required
Must have a valid driver’s license
Click Here to Apply