Location: San Antonio, TX 78216
Post Date: 08/24/2023
Project Engineer – San Antonio, TX (On Site)
The Project Engineer is a member of an engineering design team and is supervised by a Project Manager or a Principal of the Firm. Types of projects include municipal/public works projects, commercial and private development, single and multifamily development, water resources, and responsible for completing design and analysis using various engineering software, directing the work of a staff engineer or CAD Technician, and preparing site/civil construction documents for construction.
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of civil design plans and specifications. This includes providing technical support and detailed design plans such as site plans, grading plans, utility plans, drainage plans, utility plans, and profiles, and preparing opinions of probable construction costs.
- Perform modeling and calculations including drainage analysis, water and sewer usage, slope, pipe, weir, and orifice calculations, channel calculations, and use pertinent software as required, and review such design analysis performed by a graduate engineer.
- Prepare technical reports, letters, and maintain project schedules using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Delegate project tasks to staff engineers and CAD technicians and coordinate project timelines with the Project Manager to ensure that the project scope and design standards are met.
- Prepare engineering and design documents using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, or an equivalent engineering degree, from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification, with eligibility to obtain a Professional Engineer (PE) registration with the Texas Board of Professional Engineering and Land Surveyors. Having a PE license is beneficial and should be noted.
- 4 to 9 Years of experience in civil engineering or a similar field, with familiarity with engineering design principles, regulations, and techniques related to the Project Engineer’s field of expertise.
- Project Engineer must have a working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite and have used engineering programs such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, PondPack, and StormCAD, for the design and modeling of engineering systems. Project Engineer is expected to have working knowledge of these software programs and provide aid in training graduate/staff engineers on the team.
- Project Engineer should possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships on a project team and have effective communication skills, both oral and written. Communication with clients and/or public agencies should be expected, as well as a high level of professionalism.
- Project Engineer must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to manage both time and assigned project items/tasks, with flexibility when deadlines or client’s needs change.
- Project Engineer should be reliable, dependable, and willing to lead members of the design team.
- Frequently required to be and remain in a stationary position at a desk using a keyboard and mouse.
- Frequently communicating and exchanging information with clients, peers, and vendors via mobile devices or computers.
- Frequently moving through offices, buildings, construction sites, and other environments.
- On occasion, the employee may be required to position themself under, around, or over equipment, and site utilities.
- On occasion, the employee may be required to drive in a vehicle and transit to project sites.
- Verbal and written communication is required, as well as the ability to hear.
Job Posting – Project Engineer; Updated 12/22/2022
Click Here to Apply