Location: san antoio, TX 78216
Post Date: 11/28/2022
Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Purchasing Agents are responsible for managing the purchase of goods for internal and external clients. The Purchasing Agent manages Vendor relationships including, identifying potential vendors, negotiation of terms and conditions, and pricing, overall maintenance of purchasing information in company software systems and communicating all purchasing related issues across clients. The Purchasing Agent must collaborate and communicate across the organization to ensure that delivery, backorders, shortages, and price changes, are maintained and updated in the system. Skillful critical thinking and methodical data analysis is necessary to identify strengths and weaknesses and continuous improvement within existing processes and when reviewing daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and deliver quotes efficiently to team members.
- Process quotes and purchase order requests timely according to SLAs to include, but not limited to: Processing vendor deal registrations, retrieving costs from distributors, creating, and modifying quotes, research pricing and product questions.
- Maintain, update, create, and review records of purchasing agent responsibilities.
- Process approved quotes timely according to SLAs to include, but not limited to: Updating opportunities, creating tickets, invoicing clients, and creating distributor PO’s.
- Obtain a working knowledge of the tools, processes and procedures utilized daily by the purchasing, account management team, and sales teams.
- Communicate and work with team members in a professional manner.
- Research via external and internal resources to maintain a working knowledge of the solutions and products delivered
- Answer phones and enter tickets in to ConnectWise.
- Work with the receiving agent and assisting in inventory tracking and materials receiving in their absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high quality customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Required)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in purchasing