Location: Manvel, TX 77578
Post Date: 12/03/2018
Well established company in Manvel, TX is looking for a first shift Sr Quality Technician
The position will be responsible for overseeing all organizational initiatives as they relate to product quality. These responsibilities include: develop and continuously improve the quality management and safety systems, conduct product inspections assuring company standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved, work and consult with company management, shop floor personnel and suppliers to resolve quality and production problems. In addition, the Sr. Quality Technician owns the warranty process and works closely with our customers to analyze and process claims in an expedited manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1: Work with Senior Management to define on-going quality initiatives to ensure company is viewed by our customers as a quality leader in our industry.
2. Own the quality management system including responsibility to develop the required processes and controls.
3: Define processes and procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
4: Establish and maintain controls with metrics and documentation.
5. Identify quality-related training needs.
6. Assess product specifications and customer requirements.
7. Communicate with and resolve customer concerns, quality discrepancies, and complaints through root cause investigations.
8. Confirm that plant quality procedures are properly carried out. Assist in educating and instructing plant personnel in recommended quality control practices and procedures including non-conformance processes
9. Provide training of new and present employees in the processes and methods as required achieving the company’s quality policies and standards.
10: Maintain and update all safety plans and practices.
1: Previous manufacturing experience in fabrication, machining, welding and/or assembly.
2: Knowledge of quality methods, inspection gauge use and measurement equipment.
3. Ability to utilize statistical quality control and statistical analysis.
4: Effective verbal and written communication skills.
5: Ability to evaluate a process and identify possible improvements and alternatives.
6: Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
7: Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
8: Must have the ability to effectively manage multiple, competing priorities, and project coordination to meet deadlines.
9: Five plus years of quality experience.
10: Two plus years of management experience.
Pay- 40 to 50 k annually