Location: San Antonio, TX 78221
Post Date: 10/14/2022
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for planning, designing, implementing and maintaining new and existing systems and infrastructure. This role will be focused on delivering innovative solutions to modernize the infrastructure and implement secure computing resources.
- Installs, configures, and manages server/workstation hardware, Windows/Linux operating systems, and enterprise applications.
- Primarily designs/manages Linux systems.
- Architects and migrates scalable, secure, and stable applications to the cloud and serves as the subject matter expert resource for service delivery areas.
- Reviews, modifies, develops, and adapts security policies based on challenges posed by a multi-tenant public cloud.
- Establishes and validates full functionality of disaster recovery environment for critical business applications.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation.
- Performs hardware/software auditing/deployment of enterprise systems.
- Automates administrative processes utilizing current industry administrative scripting languages.
- Tests and installs new software releases, system upgrades, patches, and resolve related issues.
- Provides consultation and guidance on complex projects and meets with internal customers, management, and vendors to provide top level contributor/specialist function.
- Plans, designs, sustains, and performance-tunes storage area network, ensuring a high level of data quality and availability, as well as provision storage and monitor usage, capacity, and performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position works under limited supervision.
- This position provides functional guidance and may serve as a technical lead in various projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency, plus six years’ experience as a Systems Administrator, or, an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency, plus eight years’ experience as a Systems Administrator.
- Information technology certifications such as Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), LPIC-1, Linux +, ITIL, CISSP or CCNP.
- Four years’ experience working with Linux.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License.
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert Certification.
- Certification in Linux Systems Administration.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with internal customers, co-workers, vendors, and consultants.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical requirements include lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally. Sits, stands, and walks frequently and squats and kneels occasionally. Requires visual acuity, speech and hearing. May operate a company or personal vehicle on a daily basis. Working conditions are primarily in an office environment with occasional field visits.
May be required to work hours other than the regular daytime schedule such as nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call.
Click Here to Apply