Location: Houston, TX 77075
Post Date: 08/21/2019
Our Southeast Houston area client as an immediate need for a skilled Warehousman to work in their busy custom steel company.
Job Statement / Purpose
The Steel Warehouseman is responsible for filling orders accurately in a safe and timely manner while assisting and maintaining customer satisfaction. Adhere to company procedures and maintain the highest degree of quality and customer service, meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations on a daily basis.
• Filling order for customer per pick ticket instructions, double checking size, grade, quantity and quality.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, read and follow all customer special instructions listed on pick tickets.
• Pulling material for transfers.
• Receiving and handling fragile items as well as inspect for any type of damage
• Loading and unloading of incoming and outgoing trucks.
• Fill out required paperwork, customer labels and equipment inspection reports.
• Operate all equipment (i.e. forklifts, shrink fast gun, and paper packaging machine) in a safe and responsible manner, report safety concerns to your Supervisor and maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Display the ability to use basic measuring devices, including tape measure and micrometers
• Maintain an organized and safe work environment
• Ensure material is put in to stock in a timely manner
• Use of PPE as required
Minimum Requirements and skills
• HS diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years experience as a warehouseman, shop hand, or shipping/receiving
• Ability to pass a background and drug/alcohol screen
• Ability to stand, lift, climb and perform various other physical functions
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Must work well with others and be a team player
• Position requires and complete physical agility, mobility and dexterity
• Display the ability to accurately use basic math skills
• Ability to read pick tickets, tape measurers, and other measuring devices.
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.