Location: Austin, TX 78754
Post Date: 06/02/2022
Job Summary: The Support Technician (Level 1) is responsible for remotely responding to and assisting clients with resolving common technical issues, while meeting customer service and response time (SLA) objectives. A Support Technician (Level 2) job summary is identical to a Level 1 and has demonstrated strong technical knowledge via training, certifications and/or industry experience generally resulting in the ability to engage in more advanced & complex solutions and serve as an escalation point for Level 1 Specialists.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with customers to troubleshoot technical computer issues and fully documents actions and results.
• Configures new equipment, systems and software for customers.
• Updates technical documentation detailing the customer’s computer environment and configurations.
• Performs routine maintenance tasks on PCs and servers.
• Participates in team meetings by reporting status of action items and helping to identify and resolve service delivery and customer issues.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in an IT-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experienced enough to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Knowledge, Skills Abilities (Competencies):
• Strong and persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with clients and coworkers.
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a congenial manner.
• Ability to troubleshoot and understand Windows client OS, Windows Active Directory, Mac OS X, and Office 365.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently or as a team.
• Ability to plan and prioritize to achieve a defined objective.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the Support Desk Technician may need to focus within an environment of other verbal discussions, distractions, and interferences. This position is conducted indoors with climate control. May need to travel between client and facility locations, therefore will be exposed to outdoor elements for short periods of time.
Click Here to Apply