Location: San Antonio, TX 78221
Post Date: 08/12/2022
The Systems Administrator is responsible for developing and implementing network server standards, procedures and measures regarding security, recoverability, and performance including the development and implementation of procedures for software distribution, software currency, system backups/restorations, and virus detection/removal.
- Installs, configures, and manages server/workstation hardware, Windows/Unix operating systems, and enterprise applications including MS Exchange, MS Project, RightFax, RRAS, ESRI, LIMS, Lawson, and Hansen in a highly available environment.
- Manages file system security.
- Manages Active Directory. (User accounts, Group Policy, Network Printing, DDNS, ISA, IIS, Clustered server environments)
- Manages third party cloud services. Administers and migrates scalable, secure, and stable applications to the cloud and serves as the subject matter expert resource for service delivery areas.
- Automates administrative processes utilizing current industry scripting languages.
- Tests and installs new software releases, system upgrades, patches, and resolve related issues.
- Provides consultation and guidance on complex projects and meets with internal customers, management, and vendors to provide top level contributor/specialist function.
- Designs, configures, and administers backup and restore strategies.
- Plans, designs, sustains, and performance-tunes storage area network, ensuring a high level of data quality and availability, as well as provision storage and monitor usage, capacity, and performance.
- Configures user accounts, managing group policies maintaining appropriate network security groups for the organizations Active Directory structure.
- Performs Web server administration and support of server based corporate applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position works under limited supervision.
- This position provides functional guidance and may serve as a technical lead in various projects.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency, or equivalent work experience.
- Four years’ experience in a computer related field including four years’ as a systems administrator.
- Current Microsoft Certified System Engineer or equivalent certification.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Certification in Linux Systems Administration.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with internal customers, co-workers, vendors, and consultants.
This job is already filled. If you would like us to send you information on jobs similar to this one you can do so by filling out the form below.