Location: Schertz, TX 78154
Post Date: 12/29/2022
- The Lead Tech will be responsible for running and managing local and Nation-wide projects, to include but not be limited to installing and maintaining wired and wireless networks, fiber optic installations (Inside Plant and Outside Plant), microwave and Scada communications systems, DAS, Access Control, AV and Video Surveillance system. The Lead Tech will need to be familiar with and proficient in installing and maintaining network voice telecommunications equipment, video camera systems, Enterprise Data networks wired and wireless.
- The Lead Tech will need to provide Tier III support for Field Service Personnel and Internal NOC IT Teams.
- The Lead Tech will be responsible Project Management Assistance to include but not be limited to the planning, development, installation, maintenance and management of all network/telecom hardware and software resources and installations as it pertains to Projects and/or Service Tickets/Events that they are assigned. This is to include TPO (Total Project Ownership) which includes staff work deliverables.
- The Lead Tech ensures Customer Service complaints are addressed promptly. They will be responsible for support for all communication infrastructures that are supported and available through our 24/7 business environment; including over hundreds of Networks and Radio systems throughout Texas and surrounding states. This position is responsible for assisting the Dispatch department and Service Management on any scheduling of technicians to go on-site to oversee various projects.
- Leads staging and deploying of all enterprise service and projects.
- Will be responsible for installing and leading the installation of Inside and Outside Plant structured cabling systems and providing industry standard testing.
- Will provide technical support company wide, including technical guidance an input to the pre-sales engineering.
- Will take the lead on designing and overseeing the implementation of standard, reliable & High Availability systems at customer locations. Provide robust 24/7 availability for voice and data network infrastructure services.
- Help manage the afterhours on call and provide Level I Triage for emergency calls.
- Assist Dispatch and the Service Manager in managing the service of all new tickets including the ordering, contracting, scheduling and deployment of installs in a timely fashion and always being available for Level II & Level II Technical support providing it does not conflict with working on a customer site.
- Assist with the Planning, managing and implementation of projects for network re-engineering and technological solutions expansion.
- Provide Technical review and approval for network/telecom project plans prior to implementation.Manage the testing, maintenance and upgrades of installed networks, telephone equipment, services, and circuits.
- Assist with developing and monitoring service level agreements for networks. Responsible for taking pre-emptive steps so that service availability and/or reliability does not fall below acceptable levels.
- Interface with service providers to improve services.
- Work with management to advise, recommend, enforce, and review technological standards and solutions to implement new networking strategies, as required.
- Responsible for budgeting, capacity planning, network and contract management related to the Network/Telecom department.
- Assist Management with developing and executing Technical Training Programs within Absolute communicationsRead, understand, and create technical documents including blueprints and shop drawings, technical manuals, network diagrams and wiring schematics in CAD and Visio.
- Trouble shoot and resolve complex voice, data, video, and access control systems at a Tier III level.
- Plan, Install, Terminate and Test UTP wiring systems (CAT5, 5e, 6 & 6A) to include rack system, workstation cabling, riser cabling, Inside Plant Cabling and Outside Plant Cabling within approved BICSI, ANSI and TIA and NEC standards. Must have sound working knowledge of NEC, TIA/EIA and ANSI standards and how they apply to structured cabling systems.
- Plan, Install, Terminate and Test fiber optic cabling
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Work within a ticketing system to document the resolution of Radio system outages, installations, and repairs.
- May be required to work non-traditional hours.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the public.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high-level of performance.
- Write effectively and understand verbal and written communications, including email.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high-level of verbal skills and listening carefully.
- Understands and implements our Health, Safety and Environmental Policies. (Safety Manual).
- Understands and implements Industry standards (OSHA, TIA10-48, NATE CTS, and ANSI)
- Climbing towers and ladders at various heights
- Erection of various tower types
- Off-loading material and inventory
- Preparation and cleaning of sites
- Installation of new carriers on new build and existing towers
- Assists in tower erection using helicopters, cranes, and gin poles
- Assists in the assembly of monopole, all weld and knock down self-support and guyed towers
- Assists in the antenna installation of microwave parabolic 1 to 15-foot, VHF, UHF, cellular and FM broadcast antennas
- Assists in the transmission line and installation of foam/air dielectric coaxial, hardline, and elliptical waveguide.
- Assists in the installation of all aspects of all site foundations, grounding, and conduits, with electrical installations where applicable.
- Serve as a mentor to new less experienced technicians
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or Technical Degree in related/associated field
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Industry Level Certification preferred (BICSI Installer, CCNA, Comp TIA…)
- 5 years’ experience at Level II or higher a minimum
- 3 years in Information Technology experience Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong knowledge of structured cabling systems
- Strong knowledge of TDM and IP phone systems at a general level
- Ability to trouble shoot highly-complex low voltage electrical problems
- High Level Data Network understanding
- Certified as passing N.A.T.E. Tower Climbers Exam or equivalent
- Microwave experience & COM train Certificate.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expert level diagnostic skills and logical thought processes with the ability to identify and resolve various levels of telecommunications issues.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and Visio) for word processing, spreadsheet applications, and information retrieval.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail in documentation.
- Excellent customer service skills, able to effectively communicate and work with all levels of management and employees in the corporate office and the field as well as external customers.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention to details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with ability to identify and resolve simple to complex telecommunications problems, including the ability to think quickly and provide support for emergency operations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, maintain confidentiality as necessary, and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with strict, and often short, deadlines in a technologically diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Possess and consistently demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to handle negative or conflicting situations in a logical and professional manner.
- Must be adaptable to organizational change.
- Ability to identify expectations in an employee/employer relationship.
- Must be highly self-motivated with the ability to perform the required and expected duties with little or no direct supervision.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill level.
- Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 60 pounds, waist high, on a regular basis.
- Must be able to climb towers, pick up 60 lbs., and work up to 12 hours.
HOURS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Monday – Friday during normal business hours of 7:30am – 5:00 pm. Some overtime may be required at times.
- Job Location – This position will be based in San Antonio TX.
- Callout and unscheduled overtime are required and anticipated.
- Travel is required and anticipated; a company vehicle is assigned
- Must be available to work weekends and/or nights, in extreme weather conditions if necessary
- Must have the ability and be willing to travel extensively, as required for job related functions.
- Must be able to work out of the market or away from home as work demands.
Click Here to Apply