Location: Houston, TX 77041
Post Date: 08/12/2019
Our Northwest Houston area client is seeking a skilled Warehouseman with Steel Industry Experience
The Steel Warehouseman is responsible for filling orders accurately in a safe and timely manner while assisting and maintaining customer satisfaction. Adhere to company procedures and maintain the highest degree of quality and customer service, meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations on a daily basis.
• Filling orders for customers per pick ticket instructions, double checking size, grade, quantity and heat numbers.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, read and follow all customer special instructions listed on pick tickets.
• Pulling material for transfers.
• Loading and unloading of incoming and outgoing trucks.
• Cutting materials for stock and for customers using saws, shear, iron worker and burning table.
• Double checking orders and ensuring correct materials are pulled for each order.
• Fill out required paperwork, customer labels and equipment inspection reports.
• Operate all equipment in a safe and responsible manner, report safety concerns to your Supervisor and maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Operate forklifts and cranes to move material
• Display the ability to use basic measuring devices, including tape measure and micrometers
• Use of PPE as required
Minimum Requirements and skills
• HS diploma or equivalent
• Ability to pass a background and drug/alcohol screen
• Ability to stand, lift, climb and perform various other physical functions
• Must be able to handle, lift and carry steel parts up to 75 lbs.
• Must work well with others and be a team player
• Position requires complete physical agility, mobility and dexterity
• Display the ability to accurately use basic math skills
• Ability to read pick tickets, tape measure, and other measuring devices.
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.