Location: Fort Worth, TX 76107
Post Date: 04/29/2020
Welding Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Bilingual is a huge plus!!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following but other duties may be assigned.
• Supervises personnel to include performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
• Coordinates work assignments with production control personnel and project managers to ensure that products are completed in a quality controlled timely fashion; schedules and organizes workflow and shop priorities.
• Coordinates with various Company departments regarding work and estimates job orders, transfer of materials between departments, and transfer of finished goods.
• Maintains various communication forms for information regarding product and material information, travelers, work orders, estimates and material identification and locations; prepares monthly reports, as well as ad hoc reports requested by departments.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety, quality, and environmental practices.
• Ensures adherence to established Company and departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety standards.
• Supervision includes assignment to tasks, assuring completion of tasks within deadlines, resolving conflicts, applying needed disciplinary action with designated management representative and reassigning employees across projects.
• Lean manufacturing practices
• Promote and support continuous improvement. Maintain a working awareness of facilities management and technology trends and opportunities that would support a competitive status at facility.
• Controls and minimize labor expenses.
• Assures employees accomplish work in accordance with proper practices and within specifications.
• Communicates changes in practices or policies; demonstrates and models behavior supportive of the direction the company is headed.
• Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
• Timely incident investigations and correction of root causes.
• Participation / attendance at safety meetings and training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
– Ability to read and write Bi-Lingual Spanish.
– Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
– Ability to plan, organize and coordinate the operations of a manufacturing/fabrication shop.
– Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
– Employee development and performance management skills.
– Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
– Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
– Skill in the use of computer spreadsheet and database software.
– Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
– Knowledge and/or training in 5S and lean manufacturing.
– Supervision in a shop setting preferred, be a personable individual with innovative problem solving skills and a proven track record with appropriate practical process experience.
– Minimum of 10 years of welding with 5 years of a Supervisor Role in FCAW process.-? Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of skilled workers to meet aggressive production goals.
– Ability to read blue prints and weld symbols
– Knowledge of D1.1 code and standards.
– CWI Accreditation is a plus.
– Experience and the ability to apply continuous improvement philosophies and techniques preferred.
– Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
– Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
– Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation and stewardship processes.
Salary $70000 – Plus 5% Qrtly Bonus Structure
Mon – Fri
This job is already filled. If you would like us to send you information on jobs similar to this one you can do so by filling out the form below.