Location: San Antonio, TX 78215
Post Date: 05/01/2023
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager – San Antonio, TX
The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager is a financial subject matter expert that is responsible for performing financial analysis and developing medium and long-term financial strategies at both departmental and organizational levels to help support company objectives. The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will ensure financial and operating decisions are based on accurate data and will collaborate across functional areas to drive profitable growth while keeping executives and the Board of Directors informed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with SQL a plus.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Strong partnership and collaborative style with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage an efficient and effective budget and forecasting process that produces accurate, achievable targets that align with the company’s strategic objectives
- Perform in-depth variance analysis between actual results and budget/forecast, and provide root cause analysis to identify ways of adding value and improving business performance
- Maintain 13-week cash flow report to monitor and optimize cash management.
- Challenge and support business decisions with analytical rigor, insights and judgments so that better decisions are made
- Monitor balance sheet and cash flows, including projections of cash collections and inventory receipts to support future revenue growth
- Act as a business partner with the company’s departments (marketing, merchandising, operations, etc.) to develop KPIs to monitor performance, assess trends, and highlight risks and opportunities with recommendations to deliver overall company financial objectives
- Develop financial models and presentations, including sensitivity analysis on “what-if” scenarios, to provide recommendations for new business initiatives and strategic planning
- Perform sensitivity and incremental cost-benefit decision analyses.
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for various levels throughout the organization.
- Results oriented.
- Willing to perform functions at all levels.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Economics required; CPA or Master’s degree a plus
- Experience in ecommerce, retail, or consumer products; apparel industry experience is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience
In office, with some hybrid flexibility after onboarding
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer and communicating via phone.
- Extensive typing and record keeping.
- Ability to move throughout office and attend meetings and one-on-ones
- Regularly required to communicate verbally and understand conversation.
- Frequently required to operate buttons and controls, reach and grasp.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Must be able to work extended hours as needed, to include weekends and holidays.
Some travel may be required for this position.
Click Here to Apply