Location: San Antonio, TX 78230
Post Date: 03/17/2023
Infrastructure System Engineer – San Antonio, TX
Responsible for planning, coordinating and participating in activities related to the design, development and implementation of infrastructure systems and software. This person will implement, manage, and maintain the infrastructure ecosystem. This includes all datacenter functions, hardware (i.e., servers, switches, UPSs), redundancies and deployment practices. This person will also provide technical guidance on solution implementation, ensure compliance and standards are followed, and assist in technology assessments and recommendations. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working hands on in a datacenter. This includes the setup, administration, and configuration of infrastructure technologies. Experience with Windows and IIS is a plus.
This person will report directly to the Director of IT Infrastructure. They will work closely with software engineers, database administrators, and infrastructure teams to architect and implement infrastructure solutions. These solutions include custom built solutions, third-party solutions, and integrated solutions. Additional duties will include administration and being on-call for any infrastructure related issues.
This job is hybrid – Candidates residing within 30 minutes of San Antonio, TX are preferred
- Server knowledge (assess, quotes, receive, install, configure and maintain)
- Switches (assess, quotes, receive, install, configure and maintain)
- Server, Switch, Licensing Administration (i.e., to manage/renew, monitor status and health)
- Administration tools for the above
- Troubleshooting and Support
- System Monitoring
- Performance Monitoring
- Capacity Planning
- Upgrades and Patching
- Vendor experience (interactions, ability to interact effectively, clarity of needs, etc).
Technologies and Tools Used:
- Microsoft Office 365/Group Policy
- Cisco/Dell/Simplivity gear
- Migrations and tools (Zerto, Quest)
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
- Virtualization VMware/ESXi
- Enterprise Zerto DR recovery of virtualized systems
- SAN storage: Pure
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Network Alerting and Diagnostics: SolarWinds
- Veeam as a backup solution
- CyberArk, FortiEDR, A10 load balancers
- Servers – stand up out of the box
- UPSs and Power configurations
- Security related to all of the above.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science from a four-year college or university. At least four years of experience working hands on in a datacenter and three to five years related experience and/or training. Experience preferred in the areas of datacenter management (all aspects) as well as network architectures and services.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to deal with and solve problems using solid judgment skills.
- Must possess effective time management skills; ability to independently initiate tasks and complete multiple tasks under changing conditions; strong attention to detail; excellent verbal and written communication; integrity; professionalism; strong work ethic; goal-oriented; collaboration, and organizational skills; adaptability; and a willingness to learn and improve in all aspects of the position.
Click Here to Apply