Location: San Antonio, TX 78216
Post Date: 05/01/2023
Lead Audio Visual (AV) Installation Technician
Diverse low voltage technology integrator looking for an experienced commercial and residential lead technician for an established and well-respected company in this exciting and dynamic industry. In addition to being extremely dependable, the ideal candidate must have a willingness to learn and work hard. Candidates should be experienced in installing the following systems and components:
- Knowledgeable in structured cabling and other advanced cabling technologies to include Fiber, Cat5/6
- A/V (Audio Video) and other Low Voltage components
- All manors of racking systems
- Projectors and automated screens, Video Displays of all types
- Video conferencing equipment, applications, and functionality
- Able to install and configure hard wired and wireless networks and all associated components (Networking / IT)
- Lighting control systems (Lutron)
- Automation Control systems (Crestron, Savant, Control4)
- HD Video distribution systems
- Security systems & Access control systems
- Cameras, Digital and Analog, DVR and NVR configuration
- Sound proofing and acoustical treatments.
- Sound Masking systems
- Telephony components
- Intercom and Digital Signage
Additionally, the ideal candidate should be able to:
- Maintain a professional appearance, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Communicate clearly, Interact with clients in a professional customer service-oriented manor
- Efficiently operate Apple and Windows based computers, trade & office suite software programs
- Read architectural drawings, specifications, and various types of “Industry Standard” documents
- Expertise in troubleshooting complex Audio and Video equipment
- Lead and direct Jr. Technicians as required.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with the Project Manager and superiors
- Process paperwork as required-good writing skills
- Uphold safety procedures in accordance with company policies and OSHA standards.
- Be committed to quality
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Able to climb ladders, scaffolding, work at heights and carry items of at least 50 pounds
- Use meters and testing equipment associated with this trade.
- Operate machinery and industry standard power tools.
- Industry certification (CEDIA, Info COMM, Bicsi, CE Pro, Crestron etc.) are a plus
- Be available to work outside of regularly scheduled hours on occasion
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Experience in assisting and resolving installation problems and customer satisfaction
Minimum of 7-years’ experience in Low Voltage Installation and AV Integration & Solutions
Security and alarm License – preferred.
Knowledge of Job Costing and adhering to Scope of Job-Keep project on track
Benefits are provided:
Health Coverage – PTO – Paid Sick Time – Retirement IRA – Gym Membership – Performance Bonus
Click Here to Apply