Location: San Antonio, TX 78230
Post Date: 03/17/2023
The Network Engineer will oversee the daily administration of the network infrastructure and system onsite at the headquarters in San Antonio, Texas. They will be senior-level management and responsible for maintenance of the LAN/WAN environment systems for a large healthcare organization. They will help design, plan, implement, and maintain the network infrastructure and architecture. The higher-level Engineers will also be responsible to demonstrate leadership and mentor IT staff (i.e., more junior Engineers and Systems Administrators).The Network Engineer will be responsible for the planning, coordinating, installation, configuration, security and maintenance of distributed network and communications infrastructure in the organization’s enterprise environment. As part of the team, you will share and communicate ideas and knowledge to all members of our organization and develop processes and procedures to ensure the stability of the organization’s network. This person will provide technical guidance on solution implementation, ensure compliance and standards are followed, and assist in technology assessments and recommendations.
This job is hybrid; however preferred employees will reside at least 30 minutes from San Antonio, TX.
• Design technologically advanced solutions to meet multiple business divisions’ objectives and requirements.• Provide engineering, design, technical support for business divisions and/or internal network projects.• Design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to ensure telecom systems capacity meets existing and future requirements.• Ensures security, stability and integrity of in-house voice, data and wireless network services by planning, designing and developing local area networks and wide area networks across the organization.• Configures networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.• Collaborates with team and department leaders to assess near and long-term network capacity needs• Oversees new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.• Proactively monitors and analyzes network data to identify trends and determine ideal solution.• Develops and maintains documentation of all incidents and procedures on equipment, services performed and configuration specifications to establish history and reference source.• Is proactive in identifying, and remediating configuration issues and alerts.• Maintains awareness of potential security issues/vulnerabilities. Develop implementation plans, verification plans and production support documentation.• Develop network & security standards based on industry best practices.• Design and implement network and systems monitoring solutions for security, network capacity, performance and proactive fault monitoring.• Create and update network topology diagrams.
Tools and Technologies Used:
- Cisco switches
- Experience with networking and routing protocols (OSPF and BGP)
- Fortinet/FortiGate firewalls
- MPLS and internet circuits
- Meraki wireless, APs
- M&A Project Experience
- Session Border Controllers, preferably Sonus/Ribbon – this one could differentiate candidates for us.
- On premise, cloud a plus
- AWS and/or Azure
- Cisco A10 load balancers
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and/or 8-10 years professional experience with subject matter expertise in core technologies.
• 5+ years of related work experience in areas related to Network and Communications systems and experience with MPLS and DIA wan failover circuits.• Experience managing network vendors, contracts and associated OPEX budget management.• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to lead, follow through and complete projects with minimal supervision.• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels• Strong team player with the ability to collaborate well with others; ability to mentor peer and junior team members in networking issues.• Subject matter expert Cisco networking experience with routers, switches, LAN protocols, WAN protocols, QoS, and dynamic routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF).• Master of designing, configuring, and implementing highly complex Cisco, Fortigate, A10 routing, switching, load balanced network environments.• Extensive hands-on experience with designing, implementing and configuring security network environments utilizing Cisco Routers/Switches, Fortigate Firewalls and A10 Load Balancers• Expert ability to apply principles, theories and concepts, as well as knowledge or related networking disciplines.• Highly advanced understanding of WAN (MPLS, E-LINE, Metro-E)/LAN, VPN internetworking, including design elements, cost versus performance tradeoffs, protocol interoperability, network architecture development and requirements for testing / proof of concept.• Hands-on experience with designing, implementing, and configuring VoIP (Cisco Call Manager and Cloud Based PBX) and video conferencing network environments• Hands-on experience with designing, implementing, and configuring 801.11 wireless network environments utilizing autonomous APs, lightweight APs, mesh APs, and wireless LAN controllers• Hands-on experience designing, configuring and maintaining Network Access Control solutions for wired and wireless networks.• Handle open cases with vendors by utilizing vendor tools.• Proactively monitor LAN/WAN/VPN alerts• Must be able to handle 24×7 on call for critical issues (e.g., work stoppages).• Must have working knowledge of VMware virtualization and SAN technology.Must possess the following skills and attributes: effective time management skills; ability to independently initiate tasks and complete multiple tasks under changing conditions; strong attention to detail; excellent verbal and written communication; integrity; professionalism; strong work ethic; goal-oriented; collaboration, and organizational skills; adaptability; and a willingness to learn and improve in all aspects of the position.
Click Here to Apply