Location: San Antonio, TX 78204
Post Date: 04/17/2023
Senior Electrical Engineer
This position is onsite in the San Antonio, TX Office
The Senior Electrical Engineer will have overall responsibilities for the electrical design on a project. The position will collaborate and direct other electrical staff during the design and documentation of the electrical system. The position will coordinate the electrical design with all other disciplines so that the design is completely coordinated internally as well as with external clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Prepare design documents appropriate for the project and in accordance with company standards.
- Advise and mentor staff to help in their growth
- Monitor project status and development to meet project deadlines
- Coordinate the completion of the documents in the appropriate time to have a QA/QC review completed prior to the deadline for the project
- Coordinate staffing manpower needs weekly with the Project Manager
- Assist in interviewing and providing feedback of possible future personnel
- Review the electrical budget hours and coordinate any recommended adjustments with the Project Manager
- Work with the Project Manager to manage manpower needs/timing as well as monitoring the electrical budget on the project
The following qualifications are requirements of the position:
- Registered Professional Engineer with approximately 10 years
- Experience should be specific in healthcare, education, commercial, federal and light industrial sectors
- Ability to meet and socialize with clients to foster future repeat work
- Able to work well and communicate with other disciplines within the firm as well as other consultants on the project.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
Beyond any specific outside education classes taken to maintain professional registration, 10 hours of company continuing education shall be required. This would include attending/teaching company discipline training classes or appropriate approved outside training classes. Although attending vendor classes are encouraged to keep up with technology, this will not count toward the 10 hours of in-house training.
This position requires night and weekend work at times to complete projects to meet deadlines.
The ability to carry up to 50 lbs of drawings and carry and/or climb ladders is a requirement of the position.
Click Here to Apply