Location: San Antonio, TX 78216
Post Date: 08/24/2023
Survey Technician – On Site – San Antonio, TX
The Survey Technician is responsible for providing technical surveying support for Senior Survey Technicians and/or Professional Land Surveyors. They are also responsible for setting up jobs for drafting property deeds, reviewing subdivision plats, assisting with the processing of survey crew fieldwork, and performing occasional field data collection.
- Responsible for calculations and surveying judgment that is based on prior surveying experience, documented practices, systems, or examples which will be reviewed by a more Senior Survey Technician or Professional Land Surveyor.
- Perform occasional field work as a survey crew member for land surveying work that may include construction staking, boundary location, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, and topography surveys and perform entry-level survey computations for various project types.
- Setting up projects and providing crews with all the required information necessary to perform the project(s).
- Importing processed survey field data, digital terrain surface model creation, and maintaining existing data in files.
- Checking preliminary data and final products to ensure quality control of all data entering the system.
- Inputting deeds and plats required for a project into CAD software for analysis.
- Researching and mapping source documentation, including deeds, legal documents, construction plans, and other project-related documents.
- Preparing right-of-way corridor and pipeline alignment sheets.
- Prepare sketches and drawings to represent survey data and results.
- Communicate effectively with clients, field personnel, and office staff.
- Assist with project management and scheduling when needed.
- Maintain accurate and organized survey records and databases.
- Operation of GPS equipment, total stations, levels, data collectors, and other survey equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree in a survey or drafting and design-related field.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D (required).
- 1 to 2 years of experience in land surveying or a related field.
- Knowledge of surveying equipment, procedures, and software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Basic knowledge of survey principles and survey computations covering both plane and spherical geometry.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read plats, legal descriptions, deeds, surveys, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills, oral, and written.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be at least 18 years of age.
- Most work is performed in a professional office environment. Some trips to client offices and job sites for observations may be required.
Click Here to Apply