Location: San Antonio, TX 78259
Post Date: 07/03/2023
Position Overview: The Vice President of Sales is responsible for sales across all geographic regions. The person will establish the global sales strategy, set annual operating targets, and ensure operating targets are achieved. They must have a working knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) Software and previous experience in the Surgical Sales Environment. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in SaaS sales, a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, and a strong track record of driving growth and expanding market share.
The Vice President of Sales will lead sales through multiple channels and will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key accounts and site-specific stakeholders to achieve company objectives. This hands-on, “roll-up-your-sleeves” position requires a well-rounded sales leader who can manage a growing a sales team while effectively pursuing new business opportunities.
Along with identifying and developing new sales opportunities, this person will need a deep understanding in lead generation and qualification, pipeline and opportunity management, proposal, and presentation best practices, and managing overall opportunities from qualification to close. They will serve as a member of the Senior Leadership team and report to the President.
If you are passionate about leveraging technology to improve healthcare and possess exceptional leadership skills, we would like to meet you.
What you will do:
- Establish the sales annual operating plan.
- Establish and grow new distribution channels
- Manage a network of independent distributors in the US
- Establish and maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company's customer base.
- Ensure key operating results are achieved in the areas of revenue and growth
- Establish and manage a metric framework for analyzing, trending, and forecasting sales performance.
- Develop, implement, and execute a sales strategy for driving consistent, profitable growth across all sales regions.
- Provide regular guidance and leadership to the field team through effective communication of objectives, hands-on coaching, and team development.
- Create and drive effective sales and educational initiatives.
- Create and manage spending budgets for sales activities (local trade shows, educational efforts, etc.)
- Establish and enforce appropriate department policies and procedures to assure business compliance and ethical standards are maintained across the business.
- Guide team in providing accurate monthly forecasting; work collaboratively with commercial peers and developing accurate quarterly and annual sales forecasting.
- Negotiate and manage sales agreements where required.
- Negotiate and manage pricing strategies and guidelines.
- Attend clinical meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
- Establish annual team and individual sales objectives and goals
- Stay current with the latest developments in the healthcare industry and SaaS sales trends.
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing, product, and customer success teams to deliver superior value to our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field; MBA preferred.
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting, or exceeding targets.
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director, ideally within the SaaS or healthcare industry.
- 10 years of surgical device sales leadership experience
- 5 years of EHR/EMR or Clinic Experience
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors.
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic sales plans and reliably forecasting revenue.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to coach and inspire a team.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of CRM software
- Experience managing both direct sales and distributors.
- Proven network within the healthcare sector is a strong plus.
- Experience managing Software Sales would be a bonus.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience and success in recruiting and retaining a high-performance sales team and a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse sales team.
- Experience in developing and managing multiple sales channels
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.
- Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business to meet objectives.
- Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- Solid understanding of healthcare and regulatory requirements and issues.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of apple products and mobile apps
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus structure.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Generous PTO policy and flexible work environment.
- Opportunity to work with a high-energy, high-growth company.
- Professional development opportunities and an opportunity to grow with the company.
- Unique benefits of being part of the leadership team of a venture studio portfolio company
Click Here to Apply