Location: New Braunfels, TX 78130
Post Date: 09/16/2022
We are now hiring chemical plant operators for a company in New Braunfels, TX. Must be willing to work both days & nights. $23.00-$25.00. Please submit your resume to this posting and call us at 830-629-2525.
Seeking experienced chemical plant operators with familiarity of chemical handling, material transfer, truck loading/unloading, forklift driving, and batch manufacturing in an automated plant environment.
Chemical plant operators oversee the entire production process of a given unit. They manage both the workers and the equipment within their area. Their goal is to ensure that the production process runs safely and smoothly and that the plant produces quality results. They coordinate their efforts with technical and supervisory workers across all departments.
The plant operates 24-5, so willingness to work shifts, long hours and weekends (At times), may be expected during start-up and busier stretches. This role reports directly to the Production Manager and assigned shift supervisors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Chemical plant operators primarily monitor and oversee the equipment under their watch. They safely transfer chemicals, following manufacturing procedures to produce products and intermediates in mix tanks and pressure reactors. In doing so, they must also control instruments and make sure they are working properly. When equipment is defective, they might schedule and coordinate maintenance efforts if necessary. They're also in charge of shutting down or otherwise handling equipment during an emergency.
Plant operators support warehousing activities by loading and unloading pallets/totes of materials, transferring to storage or to the plant. In addition, they will also support bulk loading and unloading of chemicals throughout their shift. Housekeeping inside the unit is everyone’s responsibility.
Plant operators perform other administrative tasks as well. For instance, they record charge amounts, test results and other data germane to a plant's operation. They also keep an eye on test results over time and suggest adjustments to the manufacturing process as necessary.
Lastly, all plant staff is required to participate and attend all safety and environmental training classes, provided by the organization.
- Proven hands-on chemical plant experience, experience loading/unloading bulk liquid trucks/railcars (strong plus)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise working in both manual and automated batch processing plants. (strong plus)
- Safety First Mind-Set
- Calm, yet effective ability to facilitate efficient cooperation between departments, customers, suppliers, and management.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and react to changing priorities.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- 24-7 support mentality of plant and customer issues/emergencies
- Basic computer skills, including email, MS Word, Excel.
- Forklift Experience