Location: Temple, TX 76501
Post Date: 01/31/2019
Experienced CNC MACHINISTS needed in Temple, Texas!
We are a professional skilled trades and manufacturing staffing agency located in Austin, TX. Our client is a fabrication and machining shop currently seeking experienced CNC Machinists to work on LATHE and/or MILL machines.
CNC machinists work with computer numeric controlled ( CNC ) heavy machinery from setup to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic or other materials. Computer numeric controlled equipment is precision machinery that cuts, grinds, or drills into the material.
1) Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
2) Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
3) Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
4) Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
5) Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
6) Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
7) Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
8) Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
9) Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts.
10) Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs.
11) Check workpieces to ensure that they are properly lubricated and cooled.
12) Maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
13) Position and fasten work pieces.
14) Operate equipment to verify operational efficiency
15) Install repaired parts into equipment, or install new equipment.
– Must have 6 months+ experience in CNC Machines – Lathe or Mill
– Reliable transportation
– Must have two forms of IDs
First shift – 5:30am – 4:30pm
Second shift – 4:30pm – 4:30am
Depends on experience = $12.00-18.00 per hour
(we are not looking for programmers at this time)
CALL OUR OFFICE FOR MORE DETAILS
This job is already filled. If you would like us to send you information on jobs similar to this one you can do so by filling out the form below.