Location: Albuquerque, NM 87110
Post Date: 02/13/2023
Do you enjoy helping people? Do you want a career where you can make a difference in someone's life? VIP Staffing is Recruiting several Full Time Residential Direct Support Professionals (Caregivers).
This is a direct hire opportunity with a smooth hiring process with excellent benefits! Our client even offers (Same Day Pay)!
- Call or Apply today! 505-889-3787 resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting pay: $16 hourly + mileage
The Direct Support Professional, Residential is responsible to provide direct support or assistance in accordance with individual service or program plans that may include socialization, health maintenance, medication administration and skill or behavioral development. The Direct Support Professional, Residential assists with day-to-day activities including personal care, housekeeping, recreational
The Direct Support Professional, Residential works at the program location and may accompany individuals into the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
Services and Supports
- Direct Support: Provides direct support or assistance in accordance with individual service or program plans; assists with socialization and behavioral development, personal care, housekeeping, recreational activities, transportation, community orientation, shopping, financial management, citizenship, and other activities of daily living.
- Records: Accurately documents progress and activity; reviews records and logs to stay abreast of changes in service plans; maintains confidentiality; accurately and timely completes billing documentation as applicable.
- Management of Individuals’ Assets: Assists with money management, as assigned, and assures safety of individuals’ funds and property.
- Relationships: Maintains healthy and professional relationships with individuals, friends, families, guardians and case managers; greets family members and other visitors; implements our customer's, Customer Service Standards.
- Reporting: Reports any instance of alleged abuse or neglect according to internal and external standards; reports medical, behavioral and other incidents in accordance with our customer's policy and external requirements.
- Rights: Maintains confidentiality, respects the rights of persons being served, according to applicable the bill of rights; practices universal precautions; assists individuals in exercising their rights.
- Appointments: May accompany individuals to medical appointments; relays orders and information to and from medical providers as required.
- Medications: If assigned, accurately administers and documents delivery of medications and treatments; promptly reports administration errors; maintains appropriate security of controlled medications and other medications and supplies.
- General Health Care: Monitors individual’s health; documents health concerns; communicates with nurse or supervisor as appropriate; calls 911 in the event of emergency; follows individual health care directives.
- Medical Supplies and Equipment: Correctly follows procedures in utilizing medical equipment; reports malfunction or disrepair.
- Dietary planning: Prepares or supports individuals to prepare food in accordance with planned menus and individual choice; knows special diets and prepares individual meals accordingly; monitors mealtime and correctly implements any dining plans.
- Training: Attends orientation and on-going training as directed; participates in monthly staff meetings.
- Employee Scheduling: Works scheduled hours; arrives for work on time; stays on shift until replacement arrives; notifies supervisor in advance when unable to work as scheduled or as soon as possible after the designated start time; may fill in for other shifts where required without causing unapproved overtime, or in the event of emergency.
- Teamwork: Works together with others, values others contributions; is courteous; communicates openly; listens; and shows respect to others.
- Workplace Safety: Every employee plays a role in developing and maintaining a safe workplace; complies with all established safety policies, procedures, and rules; reports unsafe hazards to their supervisor and participates in safety related training or activities
- Vehicles: May transport individuals into the community; drives safely and according to local laws; assures proper use of safety equipment including seat belts, lifts and wheelchair ties; reports accidents to appropriate authorities immediately; reports accidents and safety concerns immediately to supervisor or maintenance personnel.
- Housekeeping: Performs daily and seasonal housekeeping as directed; maintains neat, clean and safe environment; reports hazards or safety concerns.
- Maintenance and Repair: Monitors environmental safety and may make minor repairs, change light bulbs, etc.; may perform yard maintenance including keeping walkways safe and snow removal; reports equipment or facilities requiring repairs to supervisor or maintenance personnel as required.
- Safety: Checks water temperature as required when assisting with bathing; participates in safety drills and protects persons being served in the event of emergency.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Six months of experience in human services preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations Required:
- Valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Car registration and vehicle insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services.
- All state-required training and certification are completed in mandated timeframes.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
#caregiver #helpful #support #healthercare #housekeeping #caregivers
Click Here to Apply