Location: Austin, TX 78130
Post Date: 09/16/2022
- Consult with Division COO regarding professional personnel (hiring, releases, utilization goals, assignments and salary/benefits).
- Report marketing/operational accomplishments and status to Division COO on a regular basis.
- Grow the backlog of profitable contracts, identify, evaluate and implement (as approved by Division COO) plans to expand client offerings, client sectors and geographies through organic and inorganic actions.
- Assist COO with detailed annual Service Line budget planning.
- Evaluate weekly and monthly financial reports and initiate/monitor corrective actions, as needed. Establish systems and controls to ensure clients’ expectations and targeted financial performance are met.
- Manage accounts receivable and invoicing activities supported by the Finance and Administration department.
- Obtain Division COO input and approval for unbudgeted major expenditures.
- Recruit qualified staff and managers, relying upon their knowledge of the market and technical capabilities to meet the goals of the Division.
- Oversee Service Line staff, and earn their trust and respect through excellent communication, equitable work distribution, professional development, and sound leadership practices.
- Actively participate in Division and Enterprise strategic planning activities.
- Routinely evaluate work and personnel against established performance standards. Possess the ability to deal with difficult project management and staff issues in a constructive manner.
- Be adept at coordinating, facilitating, balancing workloads and mediating disputes.
- Formally review staff performance annually.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain professional and technical operating standards.
- Serve as Project Director, Senior Project Manager or Program Manager as needed or assigned by Division COO.
- Maintain and develop relationships with current and prospective clients. Prepare, assist in preparing and approve proposals and qualifications for the Natural Resources Service Line.
- Maintain a high public profile within our targeted client base. Participate as an active member in approved civic and professional activities, societies and organizations that are beneficial to Division business success.
- Notify Division COO of all potential disputes that may lead to billing disputes, staffing issues, legal claims or litigation.
- Support Division COO as requested to settle disputes or defend against litigation.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of applicable environmental experience.
- Minimum 8 Years of experience implementing projects requiring compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Minimum 6 years experience overseeing transportation projects in accordance with TXDOT’s Environmental process.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory and financial management experience.
- Experience overseeing projects and advising clients on Clean Water Act (Section 404) and Rivers and Harbors Act (Section 10) matters.
- Holds or eligible to obtain one or more of the following TxDOT pre-certification work categories: 2.1.1 (Traffic Noise Analysis), 2.6.5 (Protected Species Evaluations), 2.7.1 (Parks, Rec. Areas, and Refuges Section 4[f] & Section 6[f]), and/or 2.14.1 (Environmental Document Preparation)
- High-level of self-awareness and demonstrated leadership ability (leading geographically dispersed teams, complex projects, challenging clients, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for successfully interacting with prospective and existing clients and staff.
- Good organizational skills to utilize Division and Enterprise resources efficiently and effectively.
- Management skills to manage all aspects of projects (marketing, contract negotiations, financial estimating and operations).
- Possess valid driver’s license and meet companies auto insurability requirements.
This job is already filled. If you would like us to send you information on jobs similar to this one you can do so by filling out the form below.