Location: Houston, TX 77075
Post Date: 08/01/2019
Our Southeast Houston area client is in need of an experienced Warehouseman to work in the fittings department of their steel supply company
Job Statement / Purpose
The Warehouseman is responsible for performing the general duties of a warehouse person in a safe and timely manner while assisting and maintaining customer relations.
• Receive new inventory and fill orders accurately. Double check size, grade, alloy, quality and heat numbers.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures
• Must be able to follow all customer special instructions listed on pick tickets
• Operate equipment safely such as Forklifts, Threading Machine, & Shrink fast Gun
• Loading and off-loading of incoming and outgoing trucks
• Use/maintain proper protective equipment in designated working areas at all times
• Maintain an organized work area, housekeeping and a safe work environment
• Ensure material is put to stock in a timely manner
Minimum Requirements and skills
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years experience in a warehouse environment, knowledge of various types of fittings is strongly preferred
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
• Ability to climb, lift, pull and perform other various physical functions
• Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs.
• Ability read a tape measure and other measuring devices that may be required to perform job duties
1st shift – will be 7am-4pm or 8am – 5pm
For additional information call 281–484-6900