Location: Dallas, TX 75212
Post Date: 07/27/2018
2ND SHIFT-FORKLIFT OPERATOR- TEAM 2 & Team 4
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
• Shipping and Receiving: Unload and load trailers and verify proper stacking and freight not being mixed on pallets, one item to a pallet as required unless instructed otherwise. Tape or stretch-wrap pallet as required to ensure product stability.
• Checking: Prior to product storage, count all product, compare your counts to the drivers’ manifest and check all shipments for damage, infestation and production code dates. Report shortages damages and misplacements to your immediate supervisor who will forward the information to the appropriate parties. Must be able to move product to the storage locations. Must also be able to stack and store the product in the appropriate areas.
• Must be able to verify receipt of product at appropriate temperature.
• Over, Short, and Damage: Identify and recover any received or shipping damage consistent with Company policy. Report all shortages and overages to your area supervisor.
• Inventory: Assistant in physical inventories with use of scanners. Ensure proper stock rotation by following lot number identification.
• Order Picking: Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is located and shipped, Make certain product comes from the proper locations and the lot numbers agree to the picking documents. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards. Pallets are typically built to a height of approximately 7 feet.
• Loading: Efficiently move product from the staging or storage areas into railcars or trailers.
• Equipment : Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, slip-sheet or other power equipment Maintain the facilities, equipment and materials in a neat, clean orderly fashion. Daily inspect and verify equipment is operating prior to the start of the day’s activity. Advise your supervisor of any problems encountered. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
• Responsible for any additional tasks delegated by management.
• Maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times.
• Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
• Develop PC/tablet skills to perform any e-mailing, reports, label preparation, order release, driver sign-out, inventory checks and/or any type of PC/tablet function necessary for that specific area.
Safety, Housekeeping, Security
• Safety glasses, seat belts, and ID badges must be worn if associates are on forklifts.
• Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building.
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work/lunch room area.
• Safety, Sanitation, and Security: Maintain a clean, neat and orderly area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
• Required to attend Ammonia Training Class yearly.
Responsibility and Authority
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
• Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
• Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels.
• Verify the implementation of solutions.
MANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS
The requirements that an individual must absolutely possess to perform the essential functions of the job :
• Capable of operating forklifts and their attachments.
• Have good arithmetic skills.
• Be able to read.
• Capable of following verbal and written instructions.
• Available to work various shifts.
• Capable of standing and walking extended periods of time.
• Pass written and driving forklift exam.
• Understand and follow company policy as stated in the employee handbook.
Click Here to Apply