Location: San Antonio, TX 78232
Post Date: 08/24/2023
Human Resources Manager – Full Time, On Site in San Antonio, TX (Faith Based Organization)
The primary function of the HR Manager is to work closely with the HR Director in developing,
implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions, and activities. This position performs professional work of considerable difficulty overseeing a range of administrative functions related to human resource management, employee development and employee service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• Plan, direct and supervise all activities relating to the administrative and maintenance of
recruiting, onboarding, payroll entry, benefits, and employee training. Develop, implement and
control programs in a manner that ensure cost effectiveness, market competitiveness, and
internal equity among employees.
• Oversee the administration of the benefits programs, including conducting analysis and
working with the HR Generalist to provide a premier benefits package to our employees.
• Assist the HR Director in the daily administration of other HR services as directed or assigned,
including recruitment and selection, promotions and transfers, compliance, performance
evaluations, employee relations and benefits.
• Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established
goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency
of the department and services performed.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including
but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave of absences, disciplinary matters, disputes and
investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, and morale;
occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and
recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in
human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Participates in new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Possess strong communication skills in the English language (verbal and written).
• Ability to maintain professional relationships.
• Possess strong attention to detail and have an attitude of excellence.
• Ability to respond to emergent or stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, work independently, multitask, and produce results
in a high stress environment.
• Must possess intermediate computer skills using basic applications such as Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Workspace, etc.
• Highest level of personal integrity with an uncompromised commitment to the maintenance of
the confidentiality and privacy of all personnel and church matters, data, and information.
• Must be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of others.
• Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Thorough understanding of state and federal employment laws.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of operation are scheduled Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m.– 5:30 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends as job duties demand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to do the following:
• Must have good or corrected vision as well as effective peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
• Must have good manual dexterity and be able to use repetitive motion of the hands and arms.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to move about inside the office and file rooms to perform a variety of tasks.
• Must be able to frequently and effectively communicate in both written and verbal form.
• Must be able to frequently lift 15 pounds and/or push/pull objects up to 50 pounds.
• Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
• Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated work experience in a human resource position.
• Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform
the duties of the position.
• SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP highly desired.
Duties are performed in an office setting where the work and general environment may be fast-paced and hectic at times. Therefore, it is essential that the employee can effectively handle the normal anxieties associated with the job and manage multiple projects in service-oriented environment. Environmental noise levels are minimal.
Click Here to Apply