Location: San Antonio, TX 78232
Post Date: 10/18/2021
The Support Engineer is responsible for onsite service and support needs for our clients. This relates to all technology, including: workstations, servers, printers, and vendor specific hardware and software, VoIp phone and Networking.
· IT support involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
· Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
· Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
· Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
· Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
· System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
· Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
May require climbing ladders and cabling
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
· Excellent customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
· Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
· Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
· Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
· Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
· Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
· Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
· Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
· Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
· Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
· 3 years of IT experience.
· Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
· Health, vision, and dental benefits included.
· Full on the job training & support.
· Fun working environment and culture.
· Great opportunity for advancement.
Click Here to Apply